ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of trying Milliken on Sun. Where is the closest bait shop? Also, I'll be bringing the kids so any tips would be great.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You probably have to go to Angelo's in Wilmington and then back track to Miliken.

·
Registered
142 Posts
As JB said there's Angelos in Wilmington. You can also get bait at the Heidecke lake concession stand, or stop at the Feed Loft in Channahon on the way down there.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Angel's, or drive to 3k state park

It's sad that there are not as many bait and tackle shops out there to spark the local economy. Big guys like Walmart, Sports Athourity, Sears, and KMart charge a lot of money for crap that isn't even designed for our area. See how many salt water items these places have for sale? Sometimes I have to drive all the way to Marseilles, or Ottowa to get twisters or spinners in the colors I want to fish near Chicago. I once was interviewed for a fish department sales person job at a major sporting goods chain. I wasn't hired because they said "I know too much about fishing"! Lots these big stores that sell fishing stuff have people who know next to nothing about fish. That's really too bad too. Whoever orders the lures, line, other fishing gear has no idea what we use around here. Oh, and beware that some of the stores that sell rods and reels have many of them made over seas, they slap a brand name on it, and we buy a bunch of lousy gear. It's really hard to find a good fishing or hunting store around the Chicago area. Good luck, and thanks for letting me blow off some steam.

·
Registered
22 Posts
milliken

The closest I know is Angelo's. It is 5.4 miles from the entrance. I fished there on Saturday here is my report. Arrived at 7:20 AM I was the only one there, probably due to rain on and off and 40 degrees. Caught one trout right away. Got a couple more bites but after 10AM, when the rain stopped- nada. Left at noon to watch the Sox game. There were only a handful of people there when I left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts