ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting so I hope the picture attaches without a problem. A buddy and I hit the Fox today on the far south end of Batavia. We started the day with jigs and fatheads and later attached slip bobbers, continuing to focus on the areas where the current meets the calm water. It looked as if we were going to get skunked, but around noon this guy hit my jig. First one of the year, great fighter, and nice boost of early spring motivation.

:p

·
Registered
356 Posts
Beautiful smallie! I bet that felt good to catch after this long winter. I can't wait to get out myself.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Good one foxrat
Welcome to CLF /welcome

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice fish

Welcome to CLF, if you fish Batavia I'm sure I'll see you around.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome aboard and niiiiiiiice fishy you got there.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Ditto the welcome and kudos.
:)2

·
Registered
54 Posts
Heck of a first post man, I think iI forgot what those little pigs feel like but Im sure I'll get it all back in another 2 weeks. Great fishy man.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's a great looking fish man!! I'm jealous. Think I'll walk some shoreline tomorrow.

Welcome to the site and thanks for the kick in the a$$!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rootpro6 said:
I know where that spot is and it produces many smallies
It's a great spot, but it frustrates me that it gets so trashed. I think I'll bring a garbage bag next time I go.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
foxrat said:
It's a great spot, but it frustrates me that it gets so trashed. I think I'll bring a garbage bag next time I go.
You have the CLF attitude we like to see! :)2
That's great foxrat.
It makes me think that we should organize some clean-ups along the river again this year.
We used to di it more often and I think it's a great way to let towns know we care and a great way to meet each other besides words and pics from behind a keyboard.

In the past we just contacted city hall and aksed if they would pick the garbage bags up if we gathered them together in a single spot.
They always were happy we were doing it and gave us a spot, then said the public works would pick them up.

LOL One time it worked against us in Elgin though.
We did a good job and then the city went even further.
They cleaned up the shorelines of fallen trees and such.
They took out a big log that was creating a dynamite current break that ALWAYS produced nice smallies :(

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'd absolutely participate in a river clean up if we did one. Hell, I'd participate in two. :lol:

Conservation is something that we all have a vested interest in, and there's always time for fishing when you're done. It's important, especially on something like the Fox to show people that people do care about the river and that it's not just a sludgeway where people can toss beer cans.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds like a good idea. So much of the river, especially the concealed, out of the way fishing spots are covered with trash.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That is a great fish! Congrats!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very nice fish. Were you fishing from the bank or wading? I'm guessing the bank 'cause the river is pretty high and fast, but I don't know the area well at all

1 - 20 of 24 Posts