ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend at my camp on Bayou Dularge with 2 buddies fishin', eatin' & drinkin'. We caught 15 trout & 3 reds Friday afternoon and 41 trout, 6 reds & 2 sheepsheads on Saturday. This morning the wind blew in and shut us down; 6 trout 2 reds. Of course Dale couldn't resist "shooting" a couple either.

Dale with the first red of the day

Dale with a bow kill (2reds & 2sheepshead)

Saturday's box shot

Josh with a big red

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
A good buddy of mine lives in Slidell now, just moved a couple months ago.
Now I have more reasons to come down.
I should have him look you guys up.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Looking at that deluxair bow reel... Is that a ******* Rotell can setup? or you steal the set up from a bucket person?

Whatever works.... I got couple real bad 1950's? tape on's somewhere....

/rofl

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well... :-? it wasn't really a "bowfishing" trip; but my huntin' buddy Dale just couldn't leave it at the camp. And since he shot 4 or 5 with it I decided to post the whole report ;)

That bow is a Bear and about 40yrs old :roll: The "reel" is a 4" piece of PVC pipe that's flaired just a little on the outside edge. It's glued to a PVC pipe cap and threaded into the stablizer insert 8:)
That's what we call "******* Enginuity" here in South Louisiana :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Have'nt had fresh caught Red Fish fillet's in many years(yikes like 15yrs.) , BUT..... I can still taste them,
A nice fillet, sprinkled with a Barbie-Rub (pork or beef rub) & grilled over some coals, Ohhhhhhhhh so GOOD.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Ed said:
A good buddy of mine lives in Slidell now, just moved a couple months ago.
Now I have more reasons to come down.
I should have him look you guys up.
Your buddy lives just minutes from a new state record speck. :)2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts