ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
I just am so frikking happy they didn't take Mendenhall at 14. Not because he ain't a stud. He is! But because with no one to block for him no one is any good. Their pick fills two holes. The new kid plays left, and Tait goes over to right where his diminishing foot speed is less of a factor. He can just be a road grader and fill the void that was Fred miller.

Good job Bears.

Of course, I would have loved to see them trade Crybaby to anyone with a pick when Mendenhall was still there!!!!!! A real RB, and an upgraded line might have given me a stroke!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was really happy to see that they took an O-lineman. To me that is the biggest void on the offense. Picking the running back isn't bad. He too will add depth to a position that was weak. I was surprised they didn't trade up to try and get one of those top quarterbacks that were left. Oh well, I have a feeling Booty will get the nod as the 7th pick of the third round.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
I really like this last pick. Kellen Davis. Adds a great goal line threat, and long term project at TE, and if it deoesn't work out at TE, the kid has made some great play as a pass rusher at DE. Versatility is a great thing on a team. Ask all the guys that play different spots on NE!

I mean I REALLY REALLY like this pick a lot. Methinks this might be the steal of the draft for the Bears.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
HEY HEY! Mr Roby, good to have ya pal! Soon as I saw the name I thought "maybe...... it is him"

Three words for ya. Here kitty kitty.......

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I just want to say, that as a Packer fan, I am relieved the Bears didnt draft Mendenhall. He is a guy I believe you can build a franchise around, and would be a threat on the roster for years to come. The holes in the line could have been plugged in later rounds.

Even with an improved O-line, its not like Benson is just going to wake up and start running with some heart. Hes done.

I am also happy to say that the Packers now have the TWO best QBs in the North! Rodgers and now Brian Brohm! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Hey Yak, go start your own thread about the pack. No one here cares about your team in GB. And even if Mendanhall was here, the line needed improvement. Guys like Williams were NOT going to be around in the later rounds.

Good luck with Rodgers this year.

You'll need it, now that the "baloon ball" FavRUH is gone.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Matt Forte highlights .

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fvlcqe_5MqY&feature=related"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fvlcqe_5MqY&feature=related[/ame]

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Speaking of Mendenhall, I heard on the radio he got robbed at gunpoint yesterday somewhere in south Chicago! For crying out loud, if I get drafted in the first round I'd avoid the areas where I'm likely to get robbed. Heck the hoods probably figure he's loaded and the kid hasn't even signed yet.....

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
FishinMatt said:
Bensons incident is the best thing to happen to the Bears. Chalk him down as another Curtis Enis, Rashan Salam, first Round RB bust.
be nice to start another streak like this one:

Sayers

Payton

Anderson........

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
The LT taken in the first round was a good pick, the kid looks like he is going to keep some of the heat off Wrecksy or whoever lines up under center. Forte seems like he can carry a large load and with Garret Wolfe they seem to be nice 1-2 combination. I am not holding out any hope of seeing Benson fulfill his 4th overall draft status even if every lineman was All-Pro as he is another Bears 1st round bust, best thing to do is trade/cut him and move on. What really gets me is not drafting Brohm in the 2nd or trading the 3rd rounder and Benson or a 5th rounder to move up in the 2nd to take Brohm or Henne. Wrecksy will always be Wrecksy and unless Orton finds lightning in a bottle there is little if any hope for a decent year. Hopefully Tait and Garza can keep the right side open for a running game to develop and take some pressure off the QB's and we can get a decent passing game going. The defense looks stout again and that is a blessing, hopefully M. Brown can hold together a couple more seasons as he is what this team really needs in thier secondary. There are few if any recievers who will scare opposing defenses, Hester looks to be double covered and smothered every time he steps on the field as a reciever. Going to be an interesting year to say the least!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey, call me crazy but i actually like Adrian Peterson (ours, not the viks). i feel he keeps his head down and legs chopping and will even (atleast attempt to) break a tackle. maybe its due to the complete lack of talent at that spot last year in number 32, but i like that he keeps his mouth shut and plays hard. eh just my two.

LATER Archuleta!

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I don't see why they even need to keep Benson now. Make the rook the primary back with Peterson coming in for 3rd down passing situations. I'm sure our offensive genious Ron Turner can create a small package for Wolfe to throw at opponents once in awhile :roll: Good riddance Cedric.

·
Registered
532 Posts
FishinMatt-

Couldnt agree more! i think of Benson and i think of him bouncing off one of our own guys and falling. Everytime i think of Peterson i think of that rugby scrum on the 1 yard line he carried in.

two isolated incidents, not enough to base a full opinion off of, but i feel it captures the difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Peterson had a LOT of help in that scrum. But I agree, that Benson can take his sorry a## somehwere else! Let's run it with Forte' with Peterson as a backup, and Wolfe for 2 or 3 plays a game.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Peterson is a great backup or change of pace. Pretty sad when someone making alot less that a 4th overall draft choice is the front runner and looks better than him. The Bears have drafted a few great running backs in the 1st round.......Sayers, Payton, Anderson come to mind but since then..........Salaam, Enis and Benson. Things happen in threes and it seems the last 3 have been phenomenal busts. Let's hope they have a string of 3 more great ones before the next 3 bad ones!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.