ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from 6-8PM. very windy! the water was alo churned up. it was tough for me the crappie and bass werent schooled up like they were on sunday. i almost lost this round but i came up with a nice crappie(10.5") near closing time. my freinds did pretty good though.

Totals:
5 Crappie- all over 10"-minnows
1 bass-13.5"- rat-l-trap
1 small pike- 15-16"- Rat-L-Trap

i guess that was an ok day. caught more game fish than last weekend. o well always next time

Mike-4; Beck-0

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the wed are starting to grow and they are growing pretty fast. on sunday their were just some of the tall stringy weeds out deeper. nothing much. but yesterday there was alot of the green mossy crap on the bottom and more of the regular weeds pretty soon its gonna be to weedy i think. also forgot to add in my report that i also caught a painted turlte. i thought it was a big fish! might go out again in an hour.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey mike48,

I like down the street from beck.
Do you use a boat out there and around where?

If I take the boat, I hit the Island's N. side, and try not to get attacked by geese. =)

Usually pick up a few bass.

Do you know where the closest bait shop or a bait shop that sells minnows is to beck?

Hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont use a boat. i fish the shore. just cast around the whole lake. and youll find some fish. the nearest place id say is ed shirleys. o dont go their before i go 'cause it would take longer to get to the bait store than to go to the lake. i go before and buy alot of them and keep thenm in my garage. as a matter of fact, im goin today to get some minnows for the weekend( its going to feel like winter after this great weather) i think that good that there is no source of minnows near.less minnows for them = more fish for me :)25

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had to run over to my girlsfriends house in Scumburg Firday so I just hit Busse instead. Pick up a smally on a white spinner.

I do the same thing you do, just walking around the lake.

Might go out this sat morning for a bit, but it won't be so nice as bfore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts