ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to report from my side. Fished from 4pm til the idea of waving graphite at lightning seemed silly, 'bout 1.5 hours only. Caught only 2 small largemouth, threw cranks, shallow divers, suspenders, and a down deep for good measure. Only fish on the suspender on a stop & go retrieve not enough time to go all out. Spotted fish moving high in the water column as the storm blew in was hoping for a pre-storm frenzy, no dice. Hope others are having luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lodzop,

Which side were you fishing east by the docks or west along the running path? last summer I saw a guy catch about a 3lb smallie along the running path, but he lost it trying to hoist it up the wall.(I was glad too, because I knew this guy would've tried to keep it.) Saw a guy catch a two pounder off the south pier couple weeks ago. It's nice to see quality smallies being caught and living to fight another day. I will be out there in a day or two to try for some coho, but that's just wishful fishing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS, THE ONES WHO RESPECT THE BASS IN THE HARBORS. TELL PEOPLE WHEN YOU SEE THEM KEEPING BASS THAT ITS IS AGAINST THE LAW , THERE IS A NO KILL REG. FOR SMALL AND LARGE MOUTH BASS IN LAKE MICHIGAN. I USED TO FISH AT BELMONT ALL THE TIME . WE USED TO GET SOME HEFTY BLUEGILL AND ROCKBASS , BUT ALOT OF PEOPLE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE SMALLIES , BUT I STOPPED GOING THERE AFTER A WHILE BECAUSE IT DIGUSTED ME WHEN I SEE PEOPLE SNAGGING BASS OFF THERE SPAWNING BEDS ,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.