ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Anyone tried that Vanish Transition line by Berkley? let me know how it is, thinking about buying some.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I use it as a leader for my lindy rigs when Im up in Canada. I've caught a TON of fish this way so I'd definately recommend it. If Im going to spool an entire reel with fluorcarbon i like Berkleys new 100% fluorocarbon line. I only like vanish for leader material.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up some vanish transitions a few years ago with some rebate deal that berkley was offering. I liked it as much as regular berkley vanish. I did not think it was worth the extra $5 for the kind of fishing that I do for the line to turn gold in the sun.

just my .02

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love it. I use it a lot, especially for soft plastic and jig fishing, when line watching is important. I have become a big beleiver in Flourocarbon, for it's density (sinks), invisibility, and it's semsitivity. So, I figure if I am going to utilize all those properties, why not up my chances by being able to see the line better also, as for the most part, I am soft plastic or jig fishing anyhow. I usually use the Gold, and this year I am trying the red.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Vanish for leader material is excellent!! I bought flour(transition) last year and didn't really like it at all, they way it comes off the spool and it's knot ability I didn't like it too much. I'm a power pro man ALL the time and I love it!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
i thought the VANISH was awful as a regular line on a spinning reel or baitcaster.

last year i threw exclsusively braid, now i switched to 100% trilene fluoro. its definitely nice but once you get over 15lb test it will start to fly off your baitcaster. i have some heavy stuff on for my jig rod but thinking i may just go back to braid with it since it hops off. gonna try some line conditioner first cuz i do like how it disappears and sinks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree with most....
The Vanish line makes a good leader when fishing clear water. But as a main line, it has some weaknesses.
I also like the new 100% Fluorocarbon from Berkely for a main line. It is a much better product.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had good luck with the transition. If you are a line watcher this stuff is great. My only problem was using it on overcast days or low-light, the line disappears so its hard to see your line. Otherwise no problems.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I use Transition almost exclusively on my spinning outfits. I agree with Slayer about the heavier # line though. I'm spooled up with 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12# right now. Tried 17# in Canada 2 years ago on spinning gear and was not happy with it. I wouldn't even think about putting it on a casting reel. For that it's Power Pro and nothing else for me with a Fluoro leader.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
If you believe the hype, the new flourcarbons are head and shoulders above the older ones. Many pros are now using it for all of their fishing, not just leader material. I am going to try it this year. I got some 6 and 8 lb test.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have 6lb spooled up on a jigging rod - not bad stuff, but still has some memory and will kink at first but over time seems to get better. Probably the mono I would go with if I wanted an all floro setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts