ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out on the river near Big Basin marina near Rt. 55? Im thinking about trying to get out this wednesday since its going to be fairly nice out but dont want to waste a trip down there if ice flows are present. Anyone?????

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have not seen any ice but I havnt really looked for it either. From what I have seen it looks pretty good. I can take a better look in the morning.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ejoe shot the river last weekend, ramp at 3 rivers was clear and he didn't speak of any ice on the river. Backwaters are still froze though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
dpr

go im almost positive its all good to run, and almost positive you will catch fish, find warm water you will catch em...i fish the river all the time and there is no reason not to go out there wendsday, i would but im being a good boy and chosing to save sick days for even better days if you want you could pm me, im sure i could give you a lil bit more information

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The river was in fine shape. No trace of any ice. Water temps varied from 38 to 48 and up to 65 in the discharge. Fished from about 1030am to 530 pm. Only caught a few dinks but had a great time for the first day on the water.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Thanks for the report. I am thinking about going out there on Saturday to run the boat. Now if I can only get these frickin' runnint lights to work! Good fishing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had a report with pics from a coworker that was out yesterday. Went in at Big Basin, then west over by Dresden. Had a stringer of nice crappies and a few 7 8 pound catfish. No pictures of the largemouth but he said he caught about 6 in the 12-14 inch range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts