ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Wow..SIMPLY WOW !
I'm a skeptic though and won't believe it until I see a pic of it in the Sun-Times on Wednesday {showing the lake in the backround etc.}

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out Dale Bowmans Column tomorrow Wednesday on the outdoor page of The Chicago Sun-Times. He has a picture, the quality is not great, must have been taken with a cell phone camera. Im convinced you will see and hear more about big bass being caught in the next month at braidwood. The numbers of fish catches have went down, but there are still some hogs swimming in that lake. Come to the weigh in at the south ramp at 3:00 pm Sunday April 6th. If the conditions are right you will see a few good sized bass weighed in. We always have a few, even when conditions are terrible.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very nice Bass, what did you use for bait? I can see live blue gills catching that beast.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Who's the gent in the pic? That bass is over 8-4.
Where was the pic taken {Texas ?} and at what time of year.
Just curious...

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
mplant1 said:
Haha. Guys, it was a joke 8:)
We figured as much :-D .
Looking forward to tomorrow's Sun-Times.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Im pretty sure that bass has already been taxidized unless it has black gill disease :)6

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm looking at the picture right now in the paper. It's a pretty big fish. Can't really tell if it's 8-4 because it's the small picture above the fishing reports. Regardless NICE CATCH :)2

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
does anyone have a link? I looked it up, it had the article but not the photo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am excited about going to Braidwood now. It will be my first trip out there. I'm a beginner fisher-man, and have no boat. I am ready.

Great Catch

Kenlmo

·
Registered
85 Posts
If your fishing from shore plan on catching small cats between 6" to a lb or 2 with maybe 2-3 bluegill in between.

Kyle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice fish seen it in the newspaper. Wonder what kind of scale the guy used. Seems the guy had a good pattern going drop shotting the points.

·
Registered
216 Posts
big bass/Braidwood

There ain't no green grass around Braidwood folks. Like implant said "It's a joke".

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have to tend to agree with ya RICHARDTNEWELL

As little as 2 years ago, I personally pulled a 5 plus pounder outta Braidwood & put it back just so's we could have the thrill of catching it again....maybe.

THUNDERSMOM & I have debated often weather to post our "success stories" about Braidwood here. Her opinion, "don't say anything because it will bring more people there & mess it up for the rest of us".

My opinion is "So What. We Always do well there & if others don't, oh werll".

I truely believe the fish are there & growing stronger. If that brings more there, so be it.

The "secret's out".

It's all about the fishing.

Unfortunatly, it brings out the worst of people as well, but if a handfull of people will benifit & respect the lake as well & I figure it's worth i to let people know where they can go & not just try to catch fish, but actually "CATCH" fish. Weather ya eat them or not, isn't relevant

I think back to when I was a kid. My dad took me fishing many times & we got a few at best. Lets face it, if ya go fishing as a kid & waste a day being bored to death, do you ever go again?

Just our opinion here, as everyone has, but..............

1 - 20 of 31 Posts