ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't fish my usual spot due to 30mph+ winds. So I tried lake side of pipe. After about half hour got two bumps and third was the charm. It took about 25 min. to get her in the net on 6lb test w/10.5' noodle rod. I took her to Henry's and weighed in at 14.5lbs. @34" long. She aready spawned out, her tail was pretty beat up. I saw a couple small coho caught, white seamed to be the color of choice. This is the best spring run I've seen in years.

[/img]

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nice!
Time to change your avatar 8:) .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow, helluva fish. I have put in like 1500 casts this spring without so much as a nibble. I guess I need to completely bag diversey and montrose. Where is this pipe, I have only heard good things. I would like to try one more time this week before I head to inland waters for the summer.

Marty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pipe is at Burnham near the Shedd. I don't fish it to often, to many elbows and A-holes. Nothing against the people there, It just gets a little to crowded for me. I got her on a white Frenzie, and the Coho's were taken on Squid and a small white rattlin' rap.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
31st at Lake Michigan

I went to the 31st pier Monday. I was there from 10 am to 2Pm. Nothing hitting. Even the guys with the Fire Estinghisers didn't get any. Only one guy got a brown trout. It was bad enough that I or anyone else wasn't catching any fish, but I tripped on the grass near the washrooms while carrying my lawn chair and all the poles,etc. I got a nastly gash in my right thumb which I got from the lawn chair as I fell. I had to go to my local medical center and get it stiched up. My arm got bruised and still aches today. I am icing it up every 3 hours. Fishing can be dangerous to your health. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.