ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use to catch Blackwell Trout?

The problem is not that there are too many poachers in the world; the problem is that lightning strikes are not distributed properly...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: piker12 on 2002-03-29 10:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i forgot to put squid and shrimp and a few others, if you like those, just make a post.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i was in arizona, i used gummi bears and marshmallows for them, whats so weird about minnow? noodles...hmmm... i dunno :)21

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
even though minnows are in the lead... Gummi Bears and Marshmallows each have votes... :)11 :)15 :)16

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
And spikes(maggots) aren't even one of the choices. For shame, for shame, for shame.

OZ - who caught two trout on spikes last year. And I was fishing for catfish

G

·
I did not do the trout thing at blackwell last year, but they seem to want something different every year... two years ago I landed 8 fish in 2 hours once I figured out the right bait... some years its minnows, but i've always done well with the waxies... sometimes a combo of a minnow/waxie/spike or powerbait/waxie works really well too...

Just curious... when does the spring season open for trout at blackwell this year?

allen

G

·
Just for clarification... I only kept 2 of the eight trout caught... I am 99.5% cpr with my fish... but I normally cant pass up one or two trout for the start of the season!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trout Season opens 4/6. See you all out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is the problem with you guys? The DNR stocks them trout so they can be kept. They can't live in that water too long. DUH!! this isn't Colorado. If there are Walleyes and Pike in Blackwell then they should be giants from feeding on these 10" rainbows. Catch a trout a KEEP IT!! No more that 5 though. What is wrong with having a family FISH FRY?!? Sat. starts the fishing season. C'ya there!

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
They can't live in that water too long.
While they most likely die in the summer, Trout can survive the fall stockings. They were catching them thru the ice at Blackwell, so obviously they can make it until the water gets too warm. And yep, they are put in to be caught and killed, but just think if you could catch them well for two months instead of two days! Don't be too hard on the ones that don't catch & kill their limit!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I usually do ok (2-5 fish in a few hours) just using artificials, mainly spinners (mepps etc.). Also, I agree with those that feel its ok to take a few fish to eat every now and then. I'd rather eat them than see them die in the summer.
Just my opinion, but I also C&R the majority of my fish.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
You didn't include my favorites for catching the stocked trout - small spoons and spinners as well as flies. While casting those, I usually have another line out, close to shore, with a minnow a few feet under a bobber.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font color="#FF0000">im not goin to blackwell.</font>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.