ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys-
I've never fished for trout before, but really have a taste for some fresh fish and Blackwell is within a couple miles of my house. Has anyone ever fished for trout at Blackwell? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I really don't even know where to start. Just looking to catch a few eater size fish. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Drive into the entrance, park on right in the first lot. Out of the car, walk east on the trail for about 150-200 yds. Find one of the trails down over the bank (it's extremely steep, don't try it on wet days. You'll slide down and have to wade out.)

IF you get down over the bank to waters edge, use a small bobber, split shot no. 4 hook and a small crappie minnow. On your second rod, use a Blue Fox inline spinner, chartreuse and orange, very small size. Cast and slow retrieve. Fish the minnow 2 1/2-3 ft deep.

The weather has got them shut down for a while. you can still pick up some. Early morning is best. Park opens one hour after sunrise (according to lady at the park district HQ when I called last week).

Good fishing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i agree with cowboy we also had luck in that same area the last couple times out with pink power bait just sitting on the bottom. the minnows and inline spinners are right on too. power bait is easier to carry down that steep hill than minnows tho...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts