ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Sunday, got there early. Did well in morning on hybrids up against the rocks in warmer water. Then had troubles with trolling motor and drifted for blues, nothing. Did anyone have much success with the blues on Sunday or do I just not know what I am doing. It was my 10 year old sons birthday fishing trip and he was not happy only catching 5 lb hybrids. The boy LOVES catfishing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We fished Saturday in the dike area outside of the warm water discharge and worked the south side of that area. We were trolling X-Raps in 17 fow. Caught 8 with the biggest about 7 lbs. We put the raps back about 130 to 140 feet behind the boat. Most bites came mid morning and speed was 1.7 mph. Jim

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
weatherability said:
Went out Sunday, got there early. Did well in morning on hybrids up against the rocks in warmer water. Then had troubles with trolling motor and drifted for blues, nothing. Did anyone have much success with the blues on Sunday or do I just not know what I am doing. It was my 10 year old sons birthday fishing trip and he was not happy only catching 5 lb hybrids. The boy LOVES catfishing.
You did better than most {I hear}.
My boy would be tickled pink to catch 5 lb hybrids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts