ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Blu came down and met me down on Lake Holiday. I think he only drilled a couple of holes then just walked around to existing holes that others abandoned 'cuz no fish. He pulled a fish or two out of almost every hole he visited. (I know some of you are not taking that the way I mean :roll: ). The guy has an internal fish radar!

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Welcome back Angel!

That is exactly what I was talking about, when my son asked "How does he do that Dad?"

I couldn't answer him? We just sat and watched Blu throw fish out on the ice! :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
thanks guys here abusing denver public library. hot and sunny saw a greenie only co fish or fish of trip back soon. continental divide and conquer tomorrow....

bluneverleavehomeagainfloyd

·
Registered
344 Posts
23 is the degree axis that the earth rotates on.
23 is Mike Jordan's uniform number.
23 - in not so old metaphysical school- is the number of discordia.

Have at it. :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Ain't that the truth

A true genius, a marvel of modern ingenuity, a renaissance man, possibly an alien abductee, the missing link, the man on the grassy knoll, as seen on TV, the best thing since sliced bread, modern day Andy Warhol, the sixth Beatle, a perveryor of fine antiquties, the troll under the bridge throwing coal, a chimney sweep, the owner of the last renegade Wisconsin quarter, and the operator of the Island of Misfit Toys: I would use all these to describe him.
To know Blu is to understand him, and I don't know him or understand him, but his contributions make me chuckle.
The world needs more Blufloyd in it.
I thought it would be appropriate to bring this quote from T-Bone to the front.
There isn't any other way to say it.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Lost my good fishing buddy and friend Dec,20,2014 --- I was hoping for one more trip however after. After I asked his Doctor will Blu be getting to go home soon and the said yes -- with me? .. The Doctor said not likely. I packed up my camper and returned home.. Been quit for the last couple of month not getting text messages from Blu .. We never gave up on hoping and planning new adventures just to help pass the time.. I had started really working at finding new fishing spots all the spots that Blu fished were really off the beaten path. As he got farther along it became hard for him to get to those old favorite spots I would and could still get to them and Blu would give me directions of where and how to cast how fast to retrieve the lure and when I did not catch any thing I would get the usuall the fish are there you just don't don,t know how to fish from Blu .. Oh losing Blu is going to leave a mark ... You are right the world needs more Blu's ... I am thinking now as I did back to the time in January 2004 when I went fishing by my self and moved my bucket closer to a lone fisherman that turned out too be my best fishing for 10 years ..
Happy Trails everyone

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Not to take away anything from blu but to add.
Another class act we had here was JD Spinners.
Jim and blu were just plain ol' great guys.
Thought of Jim the past couple days when I sprinkled some of his walleye seasoning on some chicken and on a steak.

Made me think of this thread and blu too.

Snowgoose Frank and I'm sure others are gone too, like, can't remember his name but the fly-tying guy.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
The fly tying guy

Not to take away anything from blu but to add.
Another class act we had here was JD Spinners.
Jim and blu were just plain ol' great guys.
Thought of Jim the past couple days when I sprinkled some of his walleye seasoning on some chicken and on a steak.

Made me think of this thread and blu too.

Snowgoose Frank and I'm sure others are gone too, like, can't remember his name but the fly-tying guy.
Ed that fly tying guy was Joe. Boy he really had some beautiful flys

21 - 38 of 38 Posts