ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished braidwood for my 2nd time,but 1st on the hot side.Arrived at 5:00am and was suprised to find only 3 boats in line at the south ramp.water at ramp was 65-at the hot buoys it was 77.Jumped around alittle and found a spot and caught 3 keepers and one of them was a 22 inch 5 3/4 # Largemouth which I caught on plastic.Then I screwed up my prop and it got very windy with white caps.This was a great fish to start the season,which was worth the $200 that the prop cost me to replace.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The underwater monsters at Braidwood have claimed many props and lower units. It is very advisable to consult a map and drive slowly to every new place you go on the lake. BTW. Nice Largemouth!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xstream-Are you fishing with Mr Bass in next weeks tournament.I fished with Mr Bass a couple years ago.He's a great guy and taught me a great deal.Can i still get in that tournament?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kipster, the plan was for mrbass and I to defend our crown, but according to the post by Greg Banks the tournament has been cancelled. Maybe next year. We had fished thier Braidwood opener from it's inception. The cancellation is a downer. And yes, I am honored to have Mrbass as my primary fishing partner for fun and money for the last 8 years.
(EDITOR'S NOTE>>> The IVBM Tourney is happening as scheduled: Sunday, April 7th)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bassman on 2002-04-06 15:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Kipster,
Thanks for the kind words. Everytime I'm on the water and see a big red and white Champion I look to see if it's you..
Hope to see you at the Braidwood Tourny on Sunday..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.