ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Braidwood from 2 to 7:30. Played in the rain and wind and just have to say thanks to gander mountian for a really nice rain suit. Caught a total of 5 bass. 1 keeper lg mouth the rest around 12-14 inches. 1 smallmouth about 10 in. Fished the cold water side using plastics. Wanted to fish heidikie and get some practice in for the tournaments but figured the wind would be crazy out there, at least we caught some at Deadwood. Oh well Till later....

·
Registered
15 Posts
fished from 9:30 to 4:00 from shore, hot side.
Was very very very slow, even cats were not interested :smile: Few small cats, one large mouth less then 5 inches :sad: But it was fun and adventure...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I fished braidwood from the coldside shore on saturday and thought it was going to be a great day. My third cast on a small crankbait got me a 19.5" lm (there was a bunch of guys mad 'cause I let her go!! Wish I remembered my camera, doh!) I then moved and picked up 2 more 16"s withing 20 mins. I fished another 4 hours and only managed 1 more 14". I turned to bluegills for quite a while and actually had to work to find any action. The water temp is way down...I'd guess 58-60°.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.