ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fishing Braidwood for years and me and my 11 year old are very glad it reopened. We got our boat out of storage Saturday and will likely be out there on Friday or Saturday. I was just wondering if they increased the size of the restrected areas on the north or south sides of the lake. There was talk of placing a net just west of the south dock which would cut us off from some prime bass hot spots. Any reply would be great. Thanks, MikeC

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Mike....we fished the South side around the big spoil hill and the western rip-rap and didn't see any nets or bouys. We didn't make it down towards the plant though. The most amazing thing was the LACK of security. I don't think a DNR guy with a gun is going to stop some crazies from getting funny ideas. I would have thought the Natl. Guard would be protecting these nuke plants by now......?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know down by clinton they put a Big Fence across the inlet creek by the plant so you can't access the lake from that section of river, but you can still get to the plant inlet from the river, just not the lake. No, Idea what's up that. Seems like they just want us to think there is Increased security. It doesn't look anything like on T.V. and it's all private rent a cop. I wish Nat'L Guard took over.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was on the hot side April 1st, and the cold side and could not see that they had visibly done anything different... except for the sniper perches.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As former regular Army and National Guard, having the miltary used as rent-a-cops would be a mistake. The military is trained as a fighting machine without regard to civil liberties or rights, and that is how it should be! It is always important to use the right tools for the job!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I stand corrected! Thanks Techshoot!
(I ain't about to argue with a guy with a name like that) :)25

G

·
I'm with Techshoot on this one! Military is taught to shoot first & ask questions later! I also don't want MY TAX $$$ going to protect a PRIVATELY OWED Company like Exelon, if you want to see some Nat.Guard go check out Joliet Army Arsenal, I bet theres a G.I. in every tree!

·
Registered
66 Posts
OFF TOPIC.Actually Bob there is nothing to guard at the Joliet Arsenal anymore,it is no longer active.You would be lucky to find more than a hanful of regular army there now.And they are just there to oversee hazardous waste
clean-up,from past ammunition production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.