ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that you Hotshot (bed bustin')Tourney guys have finished beating B'wood to a froth on your neverending quest for bucketmouf bass bucks...Me & "Catfish Bill" ...Barkeeper and mild mannered reporter for a Great Metropolitan Outdoors Newspaper, are gonna give it a try in the AM. I promise I will leave ALL of my Bass equipment at home in exchange for the "Big Kitty" gear, a bag of fresh shrimpz, & a sixer of M.G.D.(for medicinal purposes)...now if it would just stop raining!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bob, Where were you yesterday? By the way, there is a catfish tournament on the Mississippi and I might need a partner. Get all the cat bustin' secrets you can. I will go through my back issues of Catmaster and Cat-Times and dig up all the tricks that will put a big 'ol 35 pound flathead in the livewell. (only the head) Stay dry tomorrow and don't be slippin' no carolina rig toward that point that I always see Mr. Catfish's boat sitting on. :)6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keep me in mind I'm there if you need me!...as long as it doesn't conflict with my Bandits commitments! :smile:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I got to Catfish Bills house yesterday the rain was just letting up, we hitched up the boat and headed off to Brutalwood for a day of Catfishin'! South Ramp: Winds out of the north at 200 MPH! foam from the shoreline blowing up on to the parking lot, change of plans...lets check out the Fireman's Club (Bill is a member) a less than short stop at the bait shop to find out if the club has stocked Cats yet...no they haven't! change of plans...back to Brutalwood North launch, water calm, lets try it, water temps on the cold side upper 50's, we marked cats in the deeper holes but after an hour without a bite we decide to brave the run to the warm side (temp 77º) we get to one of Bills favorite holes, mark fish, drop anchor fish for 30 minutes...not a bump & wind spinning the boat like a top, find some wind-protected deep water with current, and rocks, cats are on the spawn now & like the rocks, it's 11:00 by now and we still haven't caught a fish, drop the anchors in a spot that looks good, five minutes later I get the first cat of the day, only about 1.5 Lb but it's a start. Bill gets one about 2.5. I get one about 1.5. Bill gets another, I get...well you get the picture. We ended the day at 3:30 with about a dozen fish caught and six in the box. ALL fish were caught on shrimp, I had two hits on squid & nothing on the beef strips & stinkbait combo.

Epilog: by the time we got back to the north launch at 4:00 the wind had died down and the lake had flattened out,we should have just braved it out earlier and got in a few more hours of fishing time...hindsight is 20/20

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.