ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any out there?
I'm getting a Brittany pup around May 17th. This will be my first "hunting" dog and was just curious if any of you do field trials or anything.

I've been doing tons of research for the past couple of months anxiously waiting for the pup to arrive and field trials look to be interesting to me. I've never been to any and was just wanting to here some input from you guys.

All of my hunting experience with dogs have been with my uncle's dogs. I know let the pup be a pup and don't train until 6months of age etc....

Just looking for some info from Field trialers and any other advice about the brittany breed from their owners

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks Matt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats and good luck with your new pup,

Had a Brittany now for 10+ years and I've been pleased. They have plenty of energy and make a good family dog. Mine is always doing her best to please me in the field. I also am getting a new pup and will be picking her up on Memorial day weekend in Lincoln Ill. Oh boy is older one in for a surprise!!! :eek:

The 10 year old (Heidi) still goes good for about four hours but her age starts to show and in the evening after hunting she has a hard time getting around. I figured it's time to pass the tourch on and let Heidi hunt only an hour or so.

Are you getting your britt from a breeder that is into field trials? If so he shoud be able to put you in the right direction of what you want for that particular sport. I just Hunt my britt but she still gets about 150 birds a season (clubs and wild combined). If you want to PM me and talk on the phone I woud be glad to.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Matt
It's your lucky day.
Yes to all the questions. If you got the pup from a reputable breeder I probably know them.
I have brits. I both Hun them and compete with them. I can fill you in with all you need to know IM me provately and we can converse.
Denny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts