ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howling winds, cold and pelting rain made for a miserable 8 hours. I guess it wouldn't be early April at Braidwood otherwise. We caught some short fish early and our one keeper late. Just to make things worse, we had some major motor problems when we arrived on the North side. Had to take the spark plugs out and do some repair work. There were limits coming in as I was leaving, hopefully someone will have stats. My hat's off to those fortunate souls.
We could not find a pattern all day, and we intentionally prolonged our misery by staying on the wind-blown shorelines. Didn't work.
Maybe next year?....uh, I'll have to think about that. Thanks to the guys at Illinois Valley for all the great work they did to get us the permit when it was in doubt and putting up with alot of miserable fishermen on a rotten day. Kudos!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I can't remember the names of the 1st and 2nd placers.But my partner and I missed 1st place by under 1 pound.We missed second by about 2 ounces.Yeah,we took third again.We weighed in 5 fish.And believe me,we worked for'em. Holy smokes it was miserable out there today.I still can't feel my hands.
Congrats to anyone who fished 8 hours today.
I'm through screwin' around.It's first place next year baby!
Anyway,it was fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I should have the payout information on the IVBM web site (www.ivbm.org) sometime tommorow.
1st - 6 fish 15 lbs, 10 oz.
2nd - 6 fish 14 lbs, 8 oz.
3rd - 5 fish 13 lbs, 9 oz.
last payout (10th) was 6 lbs, 2 oz.
71 boats, 71 fish weighed 188.55 total weight.

About all of the fish looked real good and healthy. Had one boater complain of many dead fish along the shore but others said they were all small catfish. No other negative lake reports.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: techshoot on 2002-04-07 23:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jim N, congratulations. If you are going to repeat, third is not a bad way to go! At least you are consistent. Once again GREAT job.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well I guess you're right.But come on,you know how it is.When you've got three then four then five fish in the livewell on a day like Sunday,you're almost surprised that you made third.Everyone we saw and talked to had either 1,2 or nothing.I gotta give a big ole high five to the first and second place teams because Ed and I were beat up like old dogs at the end of the day.Actually,nothing but respect for anyone who fished 8 hours Sunday.It was crazy.That's all I can say.
Thanks,Jim N

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great job Jim N, the limits came in about 2/3 the way. I was at the ramp passing out bags and reporting the number of fish brought in so we can prepare for the release.

·
Registered
15 Posts
OK, I was there too from 8:30am to 5:30PM, not in a boat though. And just managed to catch 4 smalies 4 to 9 inch, nothing big. If you count the piski cats than I am definitely the winner, at least 100 of them all 9 to 11 inches :smile: Do I share the same spirit as you pros? Congrats to you all...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will guess you weren't with the crew that got the deck of tickets for illegal parking and fishing from the pier, then having the intelligence to give the DNR grief about it :smile:

You were as welcome as anyone to stop by the weigh-in trailer to say howdy, so don't be so shy in the future.

Good fishing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, lucky me, I was not part of that group, I always folow the regulations and will offer my howdy next time :smile:
Regards, truce

1 - 10 of 10 Posts