ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set out a powerline with 12 hooks all baited with crawlers at 5 am behind McCormick place this morning. 6:10 get a double on the high leaders, one popped off at the net, one in the bucket. Re-bait and leave it out till 7am when I had to leave to get to work. High winds out of the NE, high seas, and stingin' rain were no match for my Cabela's EXV Gortex parka and pants. Stayed warm and dry and felt the tug of a couple fish, helluva way to start the day. Not to mention there was not another soul in sight, almost therapeutic standing at the waters' edge alone in the dark.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Good work! Nothing like getting to work with a few fish scales stuck to your hands. I'll be hitting the water with the rubber bands a couple of more times before the gear gets sent to the basement. This has been a very good spring for those cohos.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my first one, and second time out. I wish I had more time to fish the lakefront. It just gets harder and harder to get there the higher gas prices go. It's too bad nobody I know that lives near me is willing to split gas and head down with me.

Oh well, maybe my other plans will fall through for Saturday morning and I'll have a few more hours available to listen for bells.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Good to hear will try this weekend it seems the nastier the weather the better the coho fishing is.Last weekend was to nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be out at the same location Friday morning. Same time, 5am to 7am, same spot behind McCormick at the harbor mouth. Hopefully the wind will calm a bit so I can cast a crankbait while I'm waiting for the bell to ring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts