ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried one more time today with about the same results as the last 4 or 5 times out. Ended up with 5 fish. Hit a nice brown at Baileys on the 1st cast in the AM and got 1 coho casting about 45 min later. Pulled the anchor and tried the Bethlehem Discharge in the port, many guys in hip boots but no fish. Gave it an hour and started trolling in the port and the mouth of the port. Nothing again. Water clear on the outside and fishable on the inside but no fish. Water temp in the big lake is 45 or 46. Tried the mouth of the ditch for the last 2 hours and got 3 fish on taildancers, and one was a 14lb chinook in 14 foot of water, he must be smoking crack cause he didnt belong there but let him go anyhow. Talked to some of the regulars and all say the same thing. Worst year for numbers of coho in a while. Been out about 20 time and had 3 good days. Lot of limit days but had to work hard for them. Guess I got spoiled the last 4 or 5 years. Last 5 times out 3,4,and 5 fish days. Putting my coho stuff away, boat too small to go out far for them. Water too rough for me today to run to the gary light but hear it was about the same there. I think the close to shore stuff is over. See ya again in late august for the chinooks. Lake Erie , Illinois River(when it aint flooded, and Heidecki and lasalle, here I come.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Striper01
Its sad to see you leave the lake front. I have enjoyed your reports, even tried to imitate them on my post. I am sure our path will cross on a different waterway. I will now to "Catch one for the Striper01" as they say. Good luck.
Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts