ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Busse South from 6am - noon on saturday. Turn out to be the best part of the weekend. Air Temp's in low 50's, light wind out of the SE, and overcast. Caught four Bass(2-14", 16" and 19"), two small walleyes and one small pike using crankbaits. All fish were caught before 10am from a rocky bottom. The 16 inch bass had the tail of a smaller bass in its throat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey quetico,

its nice to see another canoer out and about. Ive been to the Q for the last 8yrs. i may miss this year due to all my partners getting married, having families etc. I will miss that special place this year.

where do you go and what kind of action do you have up there? I usually go up the gunflint trail and over silver falls. best pike, walleye and smallmouth action no matter what time of year.

do any good at the skokie lagoons? been there a couple of times never did much.

see you on the water some day

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I been going to Quetico for 22 years, since I was 13. I missed last year because our baby was born in April. I'll be going this year for 11 days in early July. I been all over. This year were heading out of Lac La Croix. Plan on fishing the area of Suzanette, Comnee, Burt and Brent. I like to make sure my trip goes thru good Walleye and Lake trout Areas. SM Bass and Pike seem to be everywhere. You right, always great fishing no matter when you go.

Quetico seems to be getting more people in the last 5-6 years but we still only see a few groups after a couple days of travel. I've caught some 30" walleyes from a few of the above lakes and my biggest Laker was 42". After my trip, its hard to get into fishing locally.

BTW, Canada has a work strike going on, if it isn't settled the park won't be open at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.