ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the Warm Water discharge at Busse? I'm going to be entering Busse from rt. 53 onto higgins road.

·
Registered
689 Posts
you go in at arlington heights road just after bisterfield(sp) rd., follow the forest preserve road until you get to a fork.turn left at the fork. then park by the bike path(where all the cars are parked)then follow the bike path over the dam til you go to another fork.then take another left and it will be about40 yds. to the left. you could also park at elk grove hs but that is farther.
the warm water discharge usually has a ton of small fish but recently ther have only been crappies and small bass. the bite on minnows. also, you can catch big shad with waxies. if you see any monster bass dont even try to catch them because they will just run away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've heard about a few things that work there, twitching a minnow works good there, I've heard.

·
Registered
842 Posts
From Higgins you need to turn right on Arlington Heights rd, pass two stoplights, and right after Landmeier Ave (about 1/4 mile) is the entrance on the right. If you make it over the creek bridge, past the high school and down to Biesterfeield you have gone too far Piker! Mike's other directions within the preserves are right. Have fun!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just drove over there to check it out. I think I know what it it. Do you take a left after the main dam and it's the thing that flows into the creek thing?

What Should I use there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.