ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the boat out around 12. Headed to Clearwater bay. Slow rolled spinners around stumps. Nothing biting. Carp are in full spawn, there everywhere. Worm fished for them and managed a few blugill. Water temp in the bay was 68 to 73. The shallower water was warmer. Left the bay and headed toward the main dam. Trolled manns baby one minus to the main dam. Nothing biting. At the dam anchored and casted into the rocks. Managed several decent blugils on bergie worms fished slowly back to the boat. Caught one small largemouth, 10". Started to head back to the boatlaunch. Trolled cranks all the way back. Bass Magnets in yellow / green. Managed to land two walleyes, 14" and 12". Lost a nice one at the boat around 18 to 19" inches. Was off the lake by 6:00pm. The main lake temp is 68. Marked no fish with the finder. The weeds are just starting to go.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Thanks for the report, E (The Biggest).

Either not too many people are fishing Busse yet, don't post results, or they don't know about the board.

I'm surprised that the main lake water was so warm, but it has been quite warm lately.

I fish the South Pool and indicated temps near 60 about a week ago, but I figured my thermometer might not be working, since I haven't used it for a couple seasons. I guess it may have been right.

Anyway, you got some nice action. Congrats, and keep the posts coming. It will only get better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
LarryM,
Are the South ramps open? I'm new to Busse, (have only fished it a couple of times from shore) and would like to get my boat on that South pool.
Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.
L.A.R.

Keep em wet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Busse is in Elk Grove Village. There are quite a few entrances. To get to the boat launch, the entrance is on Higgins just east of 290. They only allow electric motors with the exception of the North Pool where no motors are allowed. No fee to launch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts