ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Busse South 3/31 & 4/1

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  quetico 
#1 ·
I switched my name from KevinS to Quetico when I registered.

I was out in my canoe from 2pm - 6 pm on 3/31. Started in the NW Bay by the west branch of salt creek using small crankbaits. Caught one 18" Bass on a dropoff outside of the bay. Switched to a minnow/Jig and fished a hard to find rock pile. Caught 3 more bass 18"-20" and two small walleye. This is the same area I was catching bass last December. Most have been at least 18". I hoping the Walleyes will start using this area soon.

Sunday 4/1 - cold, windy and rain. No fish, had two hits but never had them hooked.

#3 ·
Never tried slip bobbers, but I'm sure it would work well. I've use crankbaits over the rocks that worked well in late spring and early summer. Are the two rock piles close to each other because as I drift off the one pile I seem to hit another not too far away. What do you catch off of them? I've caught more bass than walleye.

#8 ·
I've gotten yellowbass along the dam while crappie fishing with a marabou jig, also in the N/E weedbed of the island. They were between 7 and 9 inches, and tasted pretty good.

On the Fox chain they spawn on a wind-blown gravely shore, so they probably spawn somewhere along the north shore of Busse.

Quetico, by the way, nice bass that you got.

Is the rockpile on the east side of the lake? I've heard of one, but have not found it yet.

I'm hoping to boat fish Sunday.

#9 ·
Larry, I'll be out there sunday too. Look for a yellow canoe. I plan on being in Busse South by 6am and going to Main later in the day. Haven't been out to Busse Main yet and I'd like to check out a few spots and the current area by the bridge.

East side is correct. Not easy to find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.