ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I very rarely go to Busse to do any type of fishing...But i'm planning on going there Fri to catch some gills...All I want are gils & have no desire for any other fish...Where would be the best place there to catch small gills so my little one can have some fun??

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Try the center dam between the 2 lakes, at the end of the Higgins/53 entrance, or the warm water discharge below the main dam.

The discharge can be a muddy, long walk to get to for a child.

The center dam is a short walk from the parking lot. Fish below the dam first. If you don't get anything there, try the other side, anywhere.

Also the little bay just east of the parking lot may hold gills, and try the boat docks for gills and crappie.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was out last Friday trying to catch Bass amongst the garbage filled shorelines. Some people are slobs and have no business sharing our lakes! But that is another forum. I saw quite a few Crappie caught by the Dam at the end of the Rt. 72 entrance. I also saw a guy with just a white jig and cane pole pulling gills up from the fishing ledge by the other dam( left before boat ramps). Hope that helps.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you do go to the dam off of Higgins my advice is to fish the North end using a slip bobber set for five feet with a 1/16 oz jig head and a nail tail tipped with a spike.Depending on where you're coming from there is a bait shop on Golf Rd it used to be called Stringers I believe it is now called Hookers.They should have everything you need.Have a good time and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.