ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last question :lol:

Is there lots of places to get live bait around springvalley or should I buy someon the way thru Chicago?? Thanks for all the help just getting ready to start the drive :)2

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Riverview Marine in SV has plenty of bait, no shinners though. So, if you want them you may need to try B&B bait in Ottawa....not sure they carry them either though.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
uplandk9 said:
Riverview Marine in SV has plenty of bait, no shinners though. So, if you want them you may need to try B&B bait in Ottawa....not sure they carry them either though.

You cant get shinners in illinois anymore.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I harvest (seine) mine from the River but can only use them in the same river. Best bait this time of year for River "eyes"

·
Registered
269 Posts
joelreiser said:
uplandk9 said:

You cant get shinners in illinois anymore.
Why cant you?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Shiners, at least in this area, come from Lake geneva in wisconsin. They cant cross the state line any more.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Did this go into effect recently?

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
The price of bait will jump this year, due to the fact of VHS and states not knowing how to control it's spread. Wisc. just had a big scare on the price of minnows , till the DNR up there recinded a testing law. As of now you can't take any live bait into Canada, and Minn. is looking into not allowing live bait from other states. To be continued .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does any one know of a bait (minnow) shop in Seneca area that is open. All those I knew in the past are closed. Closest I know on the way to LaSalle from Naperville is in Yorkville near the dam. Any up-to-date info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know what you mean about the bait shops in Seneca :-? A couple of gas stations in town have crawlers but that's about it. Depending on which way you take out there there's the Feed Loft on rt.6 in Channahon,or there's a shop called JRs' bait on Washington st. in Morris.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The owner of Blades and Bullets passed a few years ago, his wife tried to keep the shop running, but decided to sell. The archery shop claimed to have minnows last year, but everytime I went up there in the a.m. to get minnows they were closed. Get a cast net and a minnow seine and you get can get all the free bait from the source. :)2

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Has anybody found anything on this shiners thing,repeat...did it go into effect recently,I hope :oops:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Rule wise, effective date, not sure.

This was the poop Big Jim gave me a few weeks back.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts