ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-D Got out sunday on a little pond near the house. Ice was between 5-6 inches, but broke into chunks while drilling(not the good shaveings of strong ice)Not a good sign.Fished for about 3-4 hours before the cook county cops showed up and hollered out to me to leave. They were on the west shoreline and asked me to come and talk ,I responded that the ice is unsafe here because of the sun exsposure, and didn't want to exit the lake here.The ice was safer at the east end hidden by the tall trees(shading the ice from the sun)He responded "if the ice is that unsafe than perhaps you should exit also, so we don't have another guy go in". :evil: It didn't really matter ,but I was in the zone and spanking some really nice bluegill and crappie.....nothing on the tip-ups. Crappie were between 9-10 inches with a ton smaller, and bluegill near that magic number of 7.....quite impresive for this and any of the heavily fished ponds in my area. All in all it was a great day to get out and a great ending to one of the most normal winters I can remember in a long time....got turned on to the plastics from little atom this year and was surprised how you can catch alot with just the jig/plastic combo ,,noooo bait .. :)2 ....put the gear through the nines this winter 8:) guess it's time to prep the boats and think spring..... :)4

Crappie Professor <º))><

p.s. hope all is well OZ.....you missed a good one buddy!!!!!! wait untill next year right.... ;)

·
Administrator
4,272 Posts
Crappie Professor said:
p.s. hope all is well OZ.....you missed a good one buddy!!!!!! wait untill next year right.... ;)
Welcome to the 'get kicked off the ice' club. I've been kicked off 6'' of solid ice by the cook county cops. I do see their point with the guy going through Maple yesterday, but if the lakes are 'at risk' then why have it in place at all when the cops call the shots?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts