ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a real nice day at the Hammond Cabelas store today. We set up right by the front door and had 2 tables. This show had quite a few vendors, the Indiana DNR, several charter boats , conservation groups, even the Lasalle F&W area guys were there. Judd and Bob brought out the airboat to display right by the front door. It was a real crowd pleaser. Good people at Cabelas, they treated us real good too. Here are a few pics from day one......

Lots of people stopped to check out the airboat....

Bob and Judd.....

Cabelas has a good selection of bowfishing gear too. Good stuff by muzzy, ams and cajun bowfishing....including a complete setup for $135 by cajun

We had a good crowd of members there today. Here is Jeff, Bob, Bill, Gary, Tom, Judd, Emily and Tommy. Scott, and jeffs girls were also there today helping out.

Our new friend at Cabelas is not only the promotions person, but the aquarium expert too. Here is a pic of some of the guys and Bob giving her a fine Cajun T-Shirt. She also got a complete tournament head arrow.

As always our friends who support our shoots so much were well represented.

We all have a good time at these shows........

·
Registered
989 Posts
It was nice to get the guys together again to bs. Great store to have help support the club. It was my first time there and will not be my last. Come on warm wether i got the itch real bad.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My job got delayed for a week so I was able to come out and help Tom, Scott, Evan and salty Jon today. Mrsejoe made the trip too. Tom brought his TV and DVD player out to play some bowfishing vids on. Had a couple guys from the area come up with pics of some huge grass carp they got in Reelfoot lake last week. They as well as 6 more bowfishermen signed up with us today. I think we are going to have some good shoots this year!!
If any members get a chance to do a Cabelas show, you might want to jump on it as we got up to 40% off on purchases being a vendor. Got me a new push poll and a couple different feet for it.....and mrsejoe stocked up pretty good on spring apparel. I enjoyed doing the show there. We might think about saving the $$$ and doing shows here rather than the Hammond show, especially as we froze near that back door at Hammond the past few years!! Here are a couple more pics......

I thought this was pretty cool.....they included our name in all the newspaper fliers and sales papers. Great pub for the club and bowfishing!!

Everyone at the booth.....before Scott got there.....Tom, Jon, Evan and the mrs....

Toms TV and DVD....we played Rivers Edge RD2 and gave out their fliers. Also played Bigtime bowfishing....but had no fliers. The TVs really stop the people.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Enjoyed doing this one in a great store! :)2

Nice they put our booth in front of such a nice bowfishing boat too. :-D

Too bad I missed Carpslayer, the airboat, and the Carptrek guys though.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention, I saw 3 new retrievers going out the door with new bowfishermen this weekend too :)2

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I bet our club helped sell those Retrievers too Ejoe. Having that Retriever set up on the stand to demo it really helps. They look so different from other reels people are skeptical and confused by how they work. Once I explained how conceptually simple they are and pointed out the advantages over other reels it's easy to sell people on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts