ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone getting as many sales e-mails from Cabela's like I do? I used to get maybe 1 a month, then 1 a week, Lately every other day and today I got 2 :eek: ....With Cabela's laying off 80 people between the new stores in our area, I'd say their hurting....Join the club big brothers..join the club

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes I get a lot too. I think today's was for triple points...did you get anything better?? :-?

JT

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
One every two or three days..

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you have an account at Bass Pro and search their site, they'll sent you a "Bass Pro Shops has what you're looking for" e-mail a few days later with the stuff you were looking at, plus some extras.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I wonder if I am geographically beyond their target mailing area, because all I have gotten lately are their mail order catalogs.. Odd because I shop in store quite often despite the distance and I have a Cabela's card too... :roll:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I mystifies me sometimes - I get Cabela's catalogs all the time. I even got a leather bound one last year!

Bass Pro is a different story for some reason. I have a rewards card but still don't always get the catalog. Last time I was up there I grabbed one and threw it in the cart. At the check out line they tried to charge me $5.00. :eek:

You got to be kidding me! Never quite made sense to me.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
I've been getting a couple each day lately and don't buy anything there. :roll:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a Cabela's catalog once. Looked through it and found that of the things I was looking at, I could get the exact same items cheaper at BPS and Gander Mountain. Got myself off their mailing list.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Big box stores always hire more than they need then cut staff as new wears off. Noticed a lot of stores closed on Easter might be cost cutter there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
blufloyd said:
Big box stores always hire more than they need then cut staff as new wears off. Noticed a lot of stores closed on Easter might be cost cutter there.
Advantage......The Mom & Pop stores :)2 ......We just love when an employee calls in sick.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts