ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to test my 9.9 but I don't want to buy a sticker for the year.
Not many bodies of water to test an engine around here
Thanks in advance for any info

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't believe you can go on any of the Fox Waterway without a sticker. Have you checked if a short term pass is available?

You can go on the Fox River at a launch just north of Carpentersville and north of Elgin at Voyagers Park. Maybe even the northern Fox River north of 132 or into Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've done it early spring and fall before, I know it's not right. I don't go there because of that and the launch fee's and the circus around that place. I'm sure I'll get beat up for this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not worth it getting a ticket. You can buy a one day sticker for $10.00. I think most bait shops and marinas sell them. Plus with the 1st of April coming up next week they will be checking for fishing licenses. Both times I have been stopped were in early april.

Mike

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
The chain is still froze up as of today. The river is open but state park launches are still frozen/closed.

You can always launch once the ice breaks but you take the risk of local authorities seeing no current sticker on your boat. Better to spend the $10.00 for a day sticker than pay much more in fines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts