ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throwing around the idea of relocating closer to work. Living south of Starved Rock and working off Weber at Windham Lakes is cutting into my fishing time. 70 miles one way at 4 bucks a gallon is worth a whole lot of lures.

Drove around the area and wondered what the average depth by the islands and bridges was? What fish excel there? And Lastly, what other bodies of water can be fished close by?

Next the housing. See, I have my priorities in order, no?

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Smallmouth heaven! Catfish in the holes and snags and crappies (you have to find them on your own) early and late in the season.
Springtime finds walleye's around Montgomery Dam and and Troy park.
Excellant areas for wading and paddling.
Oh yea, an abundant supply of carp, sucker and assorted roughfish for your enjoyment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kingfish pretty well summed up the Fox. I fish it for smallies (wading) a couple times each year and do pretty well.

It's funny but I have the opposite situation - live 10 minutes from work in the western suburbs, that part is great. When i want to fish it's hook the boat up for a 1 - 2 hour drive depending on what I want to fish for. Gets kind of old but does enable variety. Often think I should move out west on a river (the Rock) and just do the long commute to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.