ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there's a bunch of CLF'ers heading north this year....Who's goin? and where?

G

·
I'm going. September 5th to 13th Upsala, Ontario. On Lac Des Mille Lacs at Pine Point Resort. We have our own private island 3 cabins, sauna/bath house, and private dock. Hoping to find some big pike this year. We're tired of our usual May walleye opener trip. Catching 50 plus walleye every day gets old :roll:

Hoping to beat my 40" 12 lb. wall hanger

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I'll be headed for northeasteren Ontario in July sometime, Willberforce, to finely finish the cottage and fish till my heart is content. Might come home in Sept. or Oct. :-D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Heading up to Marvin Lake (Chimo outfitter out of RedLake Ontario) around 4th of July.
New lake, same outfitter. It's part of the Keeper River system.

MMMMMMM can taste the shore lunch walleyes now!!!

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
I ahven't booked it yet but I am heading back up to Anglers Kingdom proabably in july.

·
Registered
381 Posts
fishead said:
I'll be headed for northeasteren Ontario in July sometime, Willberforce, to finely finish the cottage and fish till my heart is content. Might come home in Sept. or Oct. :-D
Don't forget I have an ATV also :-D ....Partner!!!

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Mother said:
I ahven't booked it yet but I am heading back up to Anglers Kingdom proabably in july.
Tell Kevin I said hi.

·
Registered
46 Posts
headed up to rainy lake north arm first week of july, second week of july will be at dog tooth lake near kenora. First time fishing these two lakes. We usually do two weeks on L.O.W. on a house boat but thought we would change things up a bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Memorial Day week for us - Southern Ontario. Floatplane drops us off for the week about 20 miles north of Crane Lake.

I love the attitudes of the fishermen up there. They treat the smallies like most of us treat carp! They're too busy chasing the walleyes, which leaves the smallmouth completely neglected. That's fine with us though!

Last year my buddy even caught a 4lb Largemouth up there!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be going on the opener to Northwest Ontario near Perrault lake....my 26th journey....Last year I took on the webmaster role for the outfitter...The proprietor and his wife insisted that I stay an extra week this year....I think I'll oblige....has any one else found Crappies north of the 50th parallel?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Fishead..i can keep you posted on the ice conditions if you wish..i`m about 100 kms east of Wilberforce..the marina there is perhaps expecting ice-out for May 10..we will see...they have had lots of snow this year..but we`ve had a week of decent weather...anyway i would like to get up and do an quick inspection...will advise...c/r..p.s. forgot to mention there are some fine smallies in the the lake i`m on Mazinaw

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I appreciate your posting, my daughter and son in law keep me informed as to the weather conditions. The lake we'er on is Cope lake and its full of smallies and splake. For other types I go to Elephant lake walleye's northern and musky. I'm not certain when I'lll get up there this year or how long I can stay, there is no power or running water. Just like living in the old days :-D. Besides I wouldn't go up till after black flies die off , I learned that lesson about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Going up in exactly 40 days! Northwest Ontario, to Pakwash Lake. This is probably my 5th trip, & my dad's 20-something trip there. Can't wait. Wouldn't be surprised to see some ice on the lake...it wouldn't be the first time we couldn't fish the whole lake on the first couple days of the trip. Look at the bright side...free ice for the coolers!

·
Registered
531 Posts
A week at Rainy Lake; A week at LOTW at Wiley Point Lodge; and a week at Lac Seul.
I might as well get citizenship my wife says.

Also a week at Vermilion in northern MN (close to Canada but not quite there).

I get a lot of time off, and my wife wants me GONE ! :-D God bless her.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi Fishead..and thats why the walleye should be biting too...but tight lines..have a great stay in Canada...c/r..my phone at the cottage is 613 336 9018..happy fishing..bye the way your cottage sounds a bit like mine..
cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Going to Dinorwic Lake in Ont. in middle of August! This will be my first trip to that lake but I have been fishing in Canada before and always have a BLAST! This year I'm taking my wife for her first time and my 12 year old daughter 1st time too! Staying at Pine Sunset Lodge. Has anybody been here or fished this lake before? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Tight Lines
Scott

G

·
I'll be at Amik Lodge , Northwest Bay of Rainy Lake the last week of June. Hoping to get some of those sow walleyes that walleye_71 released last year. I know we'll have no trouble finding big smallies and huge pike. There may even be a sturgeon or two during the week.. Gas prices be dammmed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
so far two trips booked will be going to cleftrock may 22 to 27 and then in the fall going to century lodge on eagle I think the first week in sept. I am not really too excited about eagle too close and I suspect too many boats for my taste but have to give in to the group and the whimps once in awhile..... I may also sneak a trip into Wabakimi in June but not booked yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts