ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know anthing more about the car found in the river in south elgin?
i drove by there yesterday and saw the divers out there...i guess an ice fisherman spotted it and called in...

·
Registered
450 Posts
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 2525.story

2004 Porsche pulled out of Fox River
Vehicle may have been stolen in Chicago, Elgin officials say.

A 2004 Porsche was pulled Friday from the Fox River at Trout Park River's Edge in Elgin after a man looking for a spot to go ice fishing called authorities.

The silver car was thought to have been stolen in Chicago and will be turned over to Chicago police, said Susan Olafson, an Elgin spokeswoman.

A dozen fire department divers from Elgin, Pingree Grove, South Elgin, West Dundee and Hoffman Estates searched the area where the Porsche was discovered and found no trace of occupants.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=149378

A fisherman found a true whopper Friday morning in the Fox River.

A Porsche was discovered floating downstream with a small part of its roof and hatchback showing above the muddy water. The sports car was just south of the I-90 overpass where Trout Park Boulevard ends at the eastern edge of the Fox River.

Elgin Fire Department divers and police crews failed to find any signs of life in or around the car, but its keys had been left in the ignition.

Fire department divers from Elgin, Hoffman Estates, Pingree Grove, South Elgin and West Dundee performed "sweep exercises" around the car for about a half mile and determined no one had fallen into the icy river.

The car, believed to be a 2004 Porsche Cayenne, had been stolen in Chicago, police said.

The vehicle was believed to have been dumped in the river, police said, but where it entered the river was still unknown late Friday.

The fisherman called in his find about 9:30 a.m. Friday.

The car will be taken to Chicago, where police will determine whether there is any evidence, such as fingerprints, in their theft investigation.

G

·
lets see...... Ken the yuppie dude out on the town with his new Barbie in that fine piece of German engineering.

Porsche Cayenne Turbo SUV?$50,000

Drinks and Dinner in Hoffman Estates with his hot girlfirend ? $400

The look on his face when his Wife finds the little panties in the back of the Porsche and drives his toy into the river for a good cleaning? Priceless!

What can't you get with a Platinum card?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
"Stolen from Chicago" with keys still in it?
Story sounds a little fishy :lol:
I like cat's version.

·
Registered
405 Posts
He was prolly in debt, Insurance Scam, Id he was mugged for the car or etc... wouldn't you think he would have reported it ASAP :roll: Or it was a paid job. sounds fishy to me, but I still like DigitalBlueCats Wite up better LOL :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts