ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Cook County Forest Preserves are planning a "Clean Up Day" and are in need of vollunteers. The date for Tampier & Turtlehead Lakes is Saturday Apr. 20th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Interested parties can get info by calling 708-771-1511

Any Boy Scout troop leaders out there? Here's a good way to spend some time with your young men.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They really need to have more of these "clean-up days" in the CCFP! If you go to somewhere in DuPage (i.e. Silver Lake), the Preserves are exactly that: PRESERVED! The CCFP looks like garbage dumps at times. If you ever go out to Maple Lake for instance, check out the point just east of the overlook. I swear someone is living there because the garbage piles up more and more every day. Since we spend so much time on the water, an hour or two cleaning these lakes would help. We could fish with better backgrounds and have a more relaxing time.

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
On 2002-03-29 08:52, Bob Hicks wrote:
The date for Tampier & Turtlehead Lakes
Turtlehead! Why do they care about that lake? Next thing you know, some nut case will suggest stocking Smallmouth in there.

I'll have to try and make the Tampier one. Thanks for the information.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No fish in Turtlehead! there was at one time...but then a certain outdoor writer for a large metropolitan newspaper reported that there was some good fishing there...within 6 weeks all the Bass & BIG Crappies found their way to the buckets,coolers, stringers, plastic bags of every bleeping... well you know how the story goes! lets just say Turtlehead is a pretty little lake that once had some nice fish in it! BUT...It still needs to be cleaned up once in a while!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bob Hicks on 2002-03-29 15:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about any dates on lakes up North like Busse, Skokie Lagoons, beck etc.

Never mind. Just saw the post below about Busse. Still would like to know about others in the area though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Doc on 2002-03-29 15:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
117 Posts
wow... i never knew that the ccfp had cleanup days. the scouts do a cleanup at wolf lake every year. seeing as how i am an eagle scout, ,senior patrol leader of my troop, and an avid outdoorsman, i will do my best to get our guys out there. THANX!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts