ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guessing any day now, it will start to get nice. I hope to hit the chain then. Anybody have any idea on water levels. The Fox waterway agency is showing it as a tad lower than normal, is that correct?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A friend was telling me they were working on the dam in Algonquin. He said the state ran out of money and stopped working. Half is ok the other half is left open, with no way of closing it. I cannot verify this as true, all I can say is I hope not. It will run fishing, boating, etc for all concerned.

·
Registered
345 Posts
A friend was telling me they were working on the dam in Algonquin. He said the state ran out of money and stopped working. Half is ok the other half is left open, with no way of closing it. I cannot verify this as true, all I can say is I hope not. It will run fishing, boating, etc for all concerned.
Sure sounds like Algonquin dam. Except the part with a moving gate is maybe an eighth of the river (nowhere near half).

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got off the phone with a guy at the straton day. He said the dam is good to go, and come April 1st, they will close it, to bring water levels up to normal.

·
Registered
460 Posts
But meanwhile areas between Straton and Algonquin will be low. As the good fishing areas have been hit by silt and the need to keep that stretch of river low. A real shame as there used to be some dandy spots along over by there. .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.