ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been in this debate for a long time. You suggest that the people with big motors will 'nudge the throttle.' When I even hinted about that, I got accused of "thinking that everyone with a big motor is a criminal!"

So you must think that too! (just kidding). I have a feeling this debate will last a longgggggg time!

·
Registered
531 Posts
It's common sense.....look at any marina area of a big lake. The signs are everywhere.."NO WAKE" and yet boat owners (big bass boats and others like mine) continue to have their own interpretation of the term "No Wake". Is 5 mph no wake....hardly.
I love my Ranger....LOVE IT ! I hate to fish in any other boat so I drag it everywhere there is a large body of water in this land. But I still would feel goofy on Shabonna with a 19' bass boat. That little lake is a "toy" created by the DNR to appease fishermen since they have done such a lousy job elsewhere. We are forced to fish within sight of nuclear plants and industrial plants, or fish rivers with tiny little white bass and pollutants galore.
Like I said .....name me one body of water in Northern Illinois (other than Lk Michigan which has issues of it's own) that is even close in qualtiy to say a Table Rock, Lake Ouachita or Dale Hollow. Big boats belong on those lakes..... so we are out of luck!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it should be made electric only. There's no reason to use a gas motor on Shabonna at all. Then any boat can go on the lake.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have 2 different boats... 1 is aluminum and slow and the other one is fiberglass and fast... Does that make me an average, half-fast boater????
:lol: :lol: :)33 :)35

·
Registered
747 Posts
10 HP! That's it! Deal with it!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts