ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out monday, caught 12 crappie and a 5 inch guessing hybrid striper. all fish were 3 ft down and prefered a single gold hook and minnow compared to a jig. water was bout 55 degrees. Talked to an older guy gettin off the lake who said he caught a bunch but only a few keepers which we never ran into.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive been doing pretty well out on Lake charleston. I dont have a boat but i have still been catching plenty of fish. Ive been out like 4 or 5 times since saturday and have caught fish every time. They seem to be pretty close to the shore and biting lightly. Went out on April 7 and caught a variety of fish including a 1+ pound 11.5in crappie. Went out again on the 9th and the people i went with kept 13 crappie and a small catfish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if ya dont mind me askin, which shoreline are ya fishing by, most of mine came off the east bank all well off the shoreline

·
Registered
48 Posts
I fished the south shore a couple of times but mostly been fishing the west shoreline by the pump house! I've heard that the east side was pretty good right now too! The whole lake is just an incredible crappie lake! Good luck to ya! Mabey I'll see you around! Cya!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts