ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out today and absolutly slayed them from shore. went through 3 doz minnows in bout an hour, no size except for 2 12's that hit the pan tonight. also a couple small channels on chicken livers...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where do you fish from?

Where are you fishing from to catch your fish? I've been out there bass fishing but it seems like there is really no place to fish from shore on the lake??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
try the rip rap along the east side of the lake, i have tried bass fishing from a boat and have not done well, the lake in my opinion is not a bass fishery at all except for a few randoms, stick with cat fish and crappie, and hybrid stripers are said to run around too but im yet to hook up

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have to agree i really havent heard much in the way of bassin at charleston. A few big stories but nothing consistent. Ive lived pretty close to charleston my whole life and ive never heard anywhere other than little ponds being EXTREMELY good for bass in the area. Everywhere else is pretty hit and miss!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another question

While we are on the subject of bass in charleston, Have you been out to Fox Ridge state park? I went there about 3 weeks ago and the big lake was closed for dam work. Went back last week but went straight to the little pond a guy told me about. When he said little he meant it. And I didn't catch any fish there. DO you know if there are any fish in the little pond?

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive never fished at fox ridge! Ive heard there are fish in all the ponds but never tried! I too have been doing really good for crappie at charleston! Some of my buddies did really well tonight pulling out 26 all between 10 and 12.5 inches!! Its good to hear there is some size finally becoming consistant!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
airpot pond

I've fished it a bunch but it's so shallow in most places...i usually catch 2 bass a night, but i think when water gets a little warmer maybe there will be more success, i'm goin home for the summer though so I guess i'll see in the fall...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts