ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my yearly waterfowl trip up in Sk. Kinda slow, got our limit of snows yesterday, today a mixed bag of ducks and Canada geese. We have another six days to get it done. Hope it comes together. Later fellas.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Im not a waterfowler but sure can appreciate one enjoying his time in the outdoors/blind. Im chomping at the bit to get in the deer woods myself. Let us know how the rest of your trip shakes out. Be safe.

TAKE EM!!!!!!!

Karl

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are getting into them pretty good. Shot a limit of ducks today 32, and a limit of snows 80, the day before. Our first day was bad, two canadas. We didn't have time to scout. Had another day that was pretty good, 9 ducks 13 canadas. Tomorrow, we are going to hunt the mOtherload of snows! Might be 500,000 birds in this area. They are roosting and feeding in the same fields, we are goi g to set up in an adjacent field, hopeing to decoy them to us so we don't shoot them off all at once. If we screw this up it will break my heart.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We might get that tomorrow. It will be hard to put down the gun and pick up the camera. I'll see what happens. Today's hunt was not a tot bust, but it wasn't a barn burner. Trying to get 500,000 Snowgeese to decoy into a field they don't want to go into is tough. Especially when there is a 3 mph wind. Ended up killing 25 snows and six ducks.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zero wind tomorrow. Not gonna screw up the big herd of snows. Gonna put on the adders and shoot a pond. Bunch of Canada's and ducks. Lack of wind will suck, but nothing else to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts