ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of top level commanders got the boot this week, hopefully the lakefront districts get the biggest overhaul and it becomes safe for fisherman on the from the crooks.

FYI, no debate required, the firings speak for themselves and hopefully it means a good change.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
There actually wasn't many boots - 8 out of 25 I think. The rest were lateral moves and promotions.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
FYI, no debate required, the firings speak for themselves and hopefully it means a good change.
Really, do you work for CPD? I don't either but I do know that the short time J FED has been superintendent isn't enough time for him to evaluate that many changes fairly and with merit. Don't think some of Daley's clout isn't being shifted around a little. Do you know all the affected parties to say the changes speak for themselves. How about some CPD guys hop on and let us know your feelings?

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Yepper, I bet there were some wrong changes, for all the wrong reasons! :)3

What we need is a good house cleaning at City Hall, including Daley himself! :)2

In fact, we could use some house cleaning in Springfield too! ;) That day might be coming too? :roll: Just not soon enough in my book. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't really care what the CPD badges think.... They are not what a city of a million people need or should deserve for the money. Its not safe in that town. Not on the piers or on the streets or in the parking lots.

It's absurd that i have to clean out my car and leave the window down just to work the northside or the west side or wherever and not get something stolen or busted up.

The last time a Fed came to Chicago he cleaned up crooked bootleggers and the police who profited from it.

I think he was from Treasury, some guy named Ness?

ignore me, its not like you ever would change your view points........its all true blue.

·
Registered
96 Posts
the way I look at it, it's not the cops fault that there are so many a$$shoals out there, we need more cops cuz there arent enough to babysit the trouble makers. we can't blame the police because crimes occur, we need to blame the d heads in charge because there arent enough cops out there

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stick a fork in it already.

Ever hear of his Honor "Tony Cermak"

Chicago is thought the world over as a "gangster town" from the top down.

go over to sound off board to read the story. I'm done with this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
digitalbluecat said:
Stick a fork in it already.
Yet you keep trolling with CPD posts

digitalbluecat said:
Chicago is thought the world over as a "gangster town" from the top down.
Feel free to stay in the utopia that is Lake County then.

digitalbluecat said:
I'm done with this thread.
And I am done with you. I have many freinds that are good cops and better people. I am tired of you bashing them.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Thank you Sawboy, my sentiments exactly. Why post this garbage if you didn't want someone to comment? We get it already DBC, you don't like the police. Even though this is done why do I have the feeling a half page post is inevitable explaining how evil we are and how all of us are horrible people who live within a society that doesn't include anyone but other law enforcement professionals...........yadayadayada.

I personally don't care what Chicago's rep is, I used to fish the lakefront in the city quite a bit but now I too avoid it like the plague. I don't even like to go to my side job in the city anymore. I'm not scared of gangsters, it's the taxes and fees that keep me away.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Got news for ya. In the late 70's to the early 90's most harbors were full of gangbangers, drunks, dopers and the like. It's because of the cops being there quite regularly that it's a 100 times better and safer now. Are there still problems? Absolutely! Where aren't there problems? And most times if the cops come and the park is closed and they see you fishing, they ignore that. They are not there to make a bust on a fisherman ! It's all what you make of it!

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Captain Jim said:
Yepper, I bet there were some wrong changes, for all the wrong reasons! :)3

What we need is a good house cleaning at City Hall, including Daley himself! :)2

In fact, we could use some house cleaning in Springfield too! ;) That day might be coming too? :roll: Just not soon enough in my book. :(
I don't ususally argue, but when you discuss the CPD and Daley, at least dwell in the city. If you do not like what Chicago now has to offer, go elsewhere!

Examples: Fish Belmont---------------------Now Fish Waukeeeeeeeeeegan

Cubs game -------------------------------------------See the Schamburg Flyers

Sox Game ----------------------------------------- Go see the Kane County Cougars

ETC. ETC. ETC. You get the point. Bring on the Olympics. This way if Daley gets it, you'll stay home.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
digitalbluecat said:
don't really care what the CPD badges think.... They are not what a city of a million people need or should deserve for the money. Its not safe in that town. Not on the piers or on the streets or in the parking lots.

It's absurd that i have to clean out my car and leave the window down just to work the northside or the west side or wherever and not get something stolen or busted up.

The last time a Fed came to Chicago he cleaned up crooked bootleggers and the police who profited from it.

I think he was from Treasury, some guy named Ness?

ignore me, its not like you ever would change your view points........its all true blue.
Lived, worked, and fished in the city my whole life. You just have bad luck or bad Karma.

Either that or maybe you were the kid that got picked on in high school.

I have a suggestion, avoid the city and no harm will be done to you!

/monkeys

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am unsure as to what anybody that thinks "Chicago Sucks" is talking about.

There is no better city in the world. It gets the #1 vote will all things considered-the people, the lakefront, -everything.

If you think Daley should be gone then you must be young. He has cleaned up the town and made terrific improvement.

Try a smile. Quit your complaining and take a nap or something.

Try fishing more.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
lovetofish said:
I am unsure as to what anybody that thinks "Chicago Sucks" is talking about.

There is no better city in the world. It gets the #1 vote will all things considered-the people, the lakefront, -everything.

If you think Daley should be gone then you must be young. He has cleaned up the town and made terrific improvement.

Try a smile. Quit your complaining and take a nap or something.

Try fishing more.
and he's from Wheaton!!! :)2

·
Registered
173 Posts
all I want to say is....we all have one or two gripes with the city....BUT CHICAGO OVERALL IS FREAKIN GREAT AND I'M PROUD TO LIVE HERE!

Thanks, Dan

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
For all the nay-sayers out there, try living in N.Y., Detroit (coke snorting mayor), Philly, L.a., You'll all come back PRAISING how nice Chicago is.

I.M.O.,
I deal with many out of town guest that come in for meetings, business stuff & some tourist's. THEY CAN'T say enough how nice it is in Chicago, what it has to offer, shopping, the BEST Food, & tourism as a whole.
Also from some that remember what Chicago was like 30, 25 years ago. & comparing to NOW & what a change has transformed it into a VERY POPULAR CITY.
I'm no fan of Mayor (king) Daley, I think he's a #@^*&%. well?

BUT I MUST GIVE HIM CREDIT FROM WHAT CHICAGO WAS & WHAT IT's BECOME. All of his doing. From the Office of the Mayor down to the people that make everything run as smooth as it can or try to.

Next come the Police in making this happen also, they got a TUFF JOB & then some.

Granted I would LOVE TO SEE A CLEANING FROM THE SPRINGFIELD OFFICE ALL THE WAY DOWN & would it be great if some SRINGFIELD OFFICIAL was No. #10.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.