ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Would you participate in a Chicago Salmon Tournament ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe next year

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the opportunity to speak to some good folks at the Chicago Park District, and they are curious as to how many people would be for an annual Chicago Salmon tournament out of Montrose Harbor say in August ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just moved down here 2 years ago but grew up in Sheboygan Wi. The derby we had every year was open to both the shore fishermen and the boats. Also there were limits as to where you could fish like say North point to navy pier.( Thats just for referance) It had a catagory for salmon,coho,browns,rainbows, and lakers. There was a childrens event with the same catagories withe prizes for the top 5 fish in each catagory with a grand prize drawing in the adult catagory with the 1st place fish of each species. It was always a great event with a check in station,foods,drinks,entertainment and displays. This would definitly be something I would be interested in doing! :)2

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think there is a tournament every year through Columbia Yacht Club. And there was another one pretty late in the year that a lot of charters were in. I would love getting a couple tournaments going.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
It would be nice but living in Chicago my whole life and knowing what the chgo. park district and "crook" county is like I'd probably say it would never fly. The reason(s) being as follows. There would be a $10 fee per participant, Seniors would only have to pay $8.50. Boat stickers would be $35 under 18 ft and $65 dollars over 18 tf. Parking fees would range from $12.50 to $27.50 and you would have to apply for them 6 months in advance in Spingfield. There would be a per rod fee of $.50 and it would be assumed that every boat has at least 10 rods so that's another $5.00. Then of course there would be the Park usage tax, the city and state municipal tax, the federal tax, the bait deposit on park property tax, the Mrs. Daley plant a tree tax, the tax for contribution to the friends of the lakefront tax, and lastly the all important send an idiot to a magnet school tax! Other than the above I say "Sure let's do it !

·
Registered
53 Posts
There are at least three out of Chicago now.

#1 Gary Zilian Memorial Invitational Fishing Tournament, June 23, 2008
Burnham, Diversey & Montrose Harbors, Fee: $150. per boat

#2 Diversey Challenge, July 28, Diversey Harbor, $500/boat includes dinner for 6-man crew.

#3 Chicago Salmon Classic, September 13, 2008, Monroe Harbor, Fee: $300 Tournament or $25 Big Fish Contest

for more information on all three contact:

Randy Schmidt [email protected] or [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts