ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents.

The segment shot at Crystal at couple of weeks ago with the Statny's and Mike from Lombard will air on Tueday the 18th.

The show starts at 7PM CST on PBS, Ch.11 here in Chicago.

Who knows exactly what time it will run but that is the skinny from the producer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Mark,

Thanks for the info! Look forward to watching it.

Neil

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Me-too
Oh wait that was another topic, oh well still looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Must see TV? Mike and partner Luke Ice Walker got 3rd in Minnesota at the TA last weekend. Former Ice Championship winners.

·
Registered
717 Posts
not that i know of Oz. I turned on 11 last night and had the DVR ready to go and all I saw was that tired old video of the cop beating the hot bartender and then a bunch of kids doing the charleston ;)

Where was it?

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
fishingbass5 said:
not that i know of Oz. I turned on 11 last night and had the DVR ready to go and all I saw was that tired old video of the cop beating the hot bartender and then a bunch of kids doing the charleston ;)

Where was it?
Not on until the 18th, you were a week early :p

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
You're not alone fishingbass. I saw the post yesterday and failed to read it correctly. Got in to the office this morning and came on CLF and thought I missed the show. I will be sure to set my Tivo to tape it on the 18th because, apparently, my reading comprehension skills are faltering!

Neil

·
Registered
27 Posts
The post states, "The show starts at 7PM CST on PBS, Ch.11 here in Chicago".

Aren't we on DST :)5

I'd hate to miss it by an hour :)6

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"DST" Is that some new bug repellant????

Chicago is CST

New York is EST

What I do know is the show on Tuesday the 18th will hopefuly have the piece....

Chicago Tonight begins at 7PM....Chicago time....

Thanks guys.....

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey Mark. Thanks for the follow-up. More than enough time to find a blank tape.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spoke to my bro and the segement is a go for tonight.....

About an 8 minute segment has been produced and the producer came back to my brother asking him for still photos and added dialog....

Should be good....

Again, Chicago Tonight and the show airs at 7PM

Thanks......

·
Registered
321 Posts
EXCELLENT Segment. Well presented on the old and modern ways of ice fishing. Very impressive for libral media ;)

·
Administrator
4,273 Posts
I have no video capture device - guess I could have hooked up my camcorder to video out on the TV????

Anyone going to upload it to YouTube?

OZ, technologically behind a bit :oops:

PS - I believe they re-run it at 01:00 and 04:30 (Wednesday AM)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe you can catch it on comcast on demand under local listings and then WTTW or something . Check Vals' report on that other site, he laid it out. :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saw the program last night and it was interesting. However, I did have one argument against what the broadcaster said at the end. That you can drive a small car or truck on 8" of ice. I would say 8" of ice you can drive an ATV or snowmobile. In general it was a very good piece showing two different methods of ice fishing for people who have never ice fished before. :-D

I did not like the opinion that was aired after at the end of the Chicago Tonight. :evil:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts