ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of heading to Clements Barge this weekend. I have never been there before and was wondering a few things. It says on the website that it is $16 for them to pick you up and bring you to the barge, i would think that is to and from the barge. Also are there designated times for pick up and drop off from the barge and if you want to leave and come back do you have to pay another $16. Thanks

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
What/where the heck is Clements Barge?
What website?

·
Registered
186 Posts
The Barge at Genoa

This is a fairly well run operation... Good location, and nice folks.

The $16 includes transportation to and from. You park in a lot and walk down to a dock/pier. A flag is there for you (or someone else ahead of you) to raise to indicate you need to be picked up. When you get over to the barge inquire about return trips. You may have to wait. They like to take several people or return you when they run to pick someone up.

The concession stand sells good burgers, sandwiches and a pretty good chili as well as coffee and soft drinks.

The best fishing is usually along the east railing but not always. I have seen some nice fish caught there.

You need a valid Wisconsin license.

·
Registered
413 Posts
hgm,
Great reply! :)2

Sounds like a good time to be had on that barge. The pics on that site make me want to give it a try. Huge walleyes and perch.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Does anybody have any info about the "Alma Fishing Float"?
It seems like it's a similar service as Clement's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I HAVE FISHED THE FLOATS ON THE MISS FOR THE PAST 16 YEARS THEY ARE DEFINITLY WORTH THE TRIP .THERE ARE FLOATS FROM ALMA DOWN LIKE DRESBACH ,TREMPLEAU, GENOA ,LYNXVILLE,ALL REASONABLE PRICE TO GET ON JUST TRY TO GET THERE ON THE FIRST BOAT SO YOU CAN GET TO THE PRIME AREA ON THE FLOAT TO FISH.NOTHING WORSE THAN WATCHING PEOPLE SLAY THEM AND YOU CANT GET ROOM TO FISH.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Group rates...hmmm
A CLF group?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Genoa Barge...

I can make an intro for you since I know the family, if you are interested in a group trip.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Re: Alma Fishing barge

Finatic said:
Fonzie,
Here is the website for Alma i checked and there were no fishing reports but they have night fishing as well at 30.00 a night.
http://www.almafishingfloat.com/nightfishing.html
GLGF
Fin
Yep, I found their website too. It sure looks interesting, especially being able to stay overnite and have food, shelter and a bathroom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts