ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone creative and want to come up with a 728 x 90 CLF banner?
Same size as the one under our logo.
The company that generates them will fly our banner around the country a bit for us.

There's some pretty creative ones they fly and I'm not good enough to do CLF justice.
There's a CLF hat and patch for the creator of a winning banner.
Send them to me and we'll have folks vote on them without knowing who made them.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ed, are you looking for a flash motion banner like some at the top of this site, or just a still one? I didn't understand what you meant by "fly it around the country." Is it for web pages or print?

Thanks, Dan

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll use it for websites mostly I believe.
Let your imagination go.
My head is still stuck in still or animated gif mode.
That's not necessarily bad but after 10 years I sometimes don't see what others see with CLF.

It doesn't have to be cutting edge or anything as long as it's a decent sort of something we'd like others to see that may make them think they should check out CLF.
Since CLF has been around so long and we get visitors from around the country on an ongoing basis I don't see it as increasing traffic that much but who knows.

They asked for a banner and said they would give it some circulation (they like us) so I played around a little and then thought since we have such talented folks on CLF I'd throw it out there.
And of course, subscriber's get first crack at it.

[email protected]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Heres one for ya!

Actually I'm just kidding...I just threw this together because I thought it was funny while I work on a real submission :p

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
I love it,Nonpoint! :)2 Ed? :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Heres a first run non-animated...I can change up the slogan...just thought it was kinda funny and fitting to the picture I used.

EDIT: apparently I can't read real well :p Ed wanted us to send them to him so they are anonymous...

EDIT AGAIN: So after Ed's last post below, I see it might not be a problem to keep it up here lol....I'm so confused :p

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
That's a goodun.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To steal a line from 'Everybody Loves Raymond'...
Holy Crap!

I like all 3.
1. I love it! But yeah, probably not the image we want to portray-too bad though-that's neat.

2. This is good, really good. I always find myself wanting to include the Lake Michigan guys too though.
If it was me there would be a smallmouth or walleye, other guys a largemouth, still others a chinook.
I love the slogan though :)2 :)2 :)2
Ok, there's the pride thing but WE deserve it.

3. Is that a goby? Haven't seen one in a while.
I like this slogan too though.
And it's true, maybe again because we've been around so long and have found some ways that work to control the nonsense (to some extent) and that's what makes us different.
Our members realize we're big enough to not be afraid to tell some to hit the road but not arrogant enough to not want to listen to what everyone suggests.
Shoot, I don't know, what makes us different?

It seems most of the banners we get from the company have some sort of animation at first but then settle into a set thing.

You guys are great though, those are really cool, much better than I would have thought up.
I'm glad I asked!

That baitfish about to get chomped on with the "Snacking on the Competition"
Let's just say Whoa! I can hear the other guys now LOL
I've always watched the stats to be sure we aren't screwing up or something like in how we do things and we just plain blow away the other ones.
I just never saw it in print like that hehe
It would be like us just putting on a billboard on the expressway...

Come see why 73 out of 100 Chicago anglers on the internet choose ChicagolandFishing.com
:p

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
The most famous ads and logos are the most simple.

I am not sure how to do it, but I would like to see the fish in your logo come alive.

A school of fish all the same color except your logo fish. He swims to the logo and the banner says, "...it's cool to be different!"

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
May 5th is CLF's 10-year anniversary.
I'm going to dig into stuff I've kept on disks (had to copy them from floppies ;) ) and put it up on some pages.
I'll share some of it with the subscribers first.
Stuff like the transitions gone through coming up with the logo.
Talk about from sketchy looking stuff to what it is :eek:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok heres what I have so far, these will be put into one picture file and play like a slideshow...I just dont have imageready here at work, have to do it at home.

I'd appreciate some input on the wording...thats easy to change and I'm sure more effective wording can be found.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the snacking on the competition but since the real audience doesn't know there is competition...
Maybe the final thing should be something like...
Where good information is landed

If you don't mind though make one with the snacking thing too.
I want one of those on file in case someone's head gets too big (and I don't mean mine ;) )

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Ed said:
I like the snacking on the competition but since the real audience doesn't know there is competition...
Maybe the final thing should be something like...
Where good information is landed

If you don't mind though make one with the snacking thing too.
I want one of those on file in case someone's head gets too big (and I don't mean mine ;) )

Instead of good use "quality".

Trust me, ;) , learned that with Google Adwords.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok I made the changes, I just keep copying updated pics over the old ones, so I dont have to repost, the changes should show up, if they dont try to refresh the page.

Here is the alt image you wanted Ed :p

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nonpoint said:
I'd appreciate some input on the wording...thats easy to change and I'm sure more effective wording can be found.
You're a whiz kid Nonpoint. Great stuff again.

I've been screwing around with on-line banner generators and the wording I was going to use was "Chicagoland's #1 Online Fishing Resource".

Short, sweet and to the point.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If I was half as much fisherman as I am Computer Nerd....I'd have my own sponsors :D

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Slogan for Chicagoland.com

How about: "Where knowledge is priceless"
Or: "Where comradeship prevails"

·
Registered
911 Posts
Chuck said:
How about: "Where knowledge is priceless"
Except for the $15 part...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cluricaun said:
"Chicagoland's #1 Online Fishing Resource".
I like that too and around Chicago it would be primo.
Again though the majority of people seeing it aren't going to know there's an option to CLF.
They aren't an audience that has to be convinced or sold or ecperience the fact that CLF is #1.
I'm going to post an article I'm working on.
I can submit articles to this place and they will run them.
The idea behind this place is that it is a hub of outdoor related websites.
The company finds the best in each area of the country.
Like the midwest, that doesn't mean CLF is the best in the midwest but for each state they may find one or two that aren't just someone's website but a good one.
Now when I submit an article (we all can write and I'll just put them in) if the article passes snuff they'll put it on their website.
You'll see on their site, use the link to go if you visit, I'm sure they track it but we don't get paid for clicking it or anything, the articles end with read more... and then your taken to a page within their website but it will include a CLF link.

Anyway what I was going to start with was an article about fishing in Chicago.
Let's face it, when you ask people what comes to mind about when they think about Chicago, it isn't fishing.
I'll end this post and follow up with just what I've written so far.
Any input is always welcome.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts