ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
:eek:
Now I know that many of you'all know each other and are offering some sound advise for other fisherman, but I also know that there are rapist (in the sence of the fish) that have their ears on. Fishing spots are like great friends. You love to visit them often and bring only a precious few visitors. No one would ever tell another to knock on his friends door without being shown worthy of an introduction. You know what I mean Vern... :)2

·
Registered
169 Posts
Local trout stream

I have been out to McGraw in Dundee a few times, They have a pump house that sits on the side of the fox river vally thats creates a trout stream pumps water up to the top of the hill and it flow back down, and what a nice one it is. Pools, bunkers ect.

Too bad it cost a arm and leg to be a member, but I am sure there is a waiting list anyway. (it's nice to have rich friends) been bird hunting there quit a few times nice club.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread is dead! If anyone looking at this is considering northern Indiana Id look into salt creek. Its a lake michigan tributary and I saw the biggest steelhead Ive ever seen take a 3 foot jump out of the water. Its horribly inaccessible unless your willing to trudge through the muddy bottom

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been looking for a nice stream in the NW Suburbs for a while now, I was hoping to find some good info but no one seems to be willing to help out on where some decent places would be.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have been out to McGraw in Dundee a few times, They have a pump house that sits on the side of the fox river vally thats creates a trout stream pumps water up to the top of the hill and it flow back down, and what a nice one it is. Pools, bunkers ect.

Too bad it cost a arm and leg to be a member, but I am sure there is a waiting list anyway. (it's nice to have rich friends) been bird hunting there quit a few times nice club.
I met a guy recently who said that McGraw periodically overflows, dumping trout into the Fox. Says that if you fish the mouths of the various creeks on the fox, you can occasionally hook into a rainbow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I met a guy recently who said that McGraw periodically overflows, dumping trout into the Fox. Says that if you fish the mouths of the various creeks on the fox, you can occasionally hook into a rainbow.
I've heard multiple rumors from guys claiming to have caught trout out of the Fox. I do know that at one point there were trout in Blackberry creek that escaped from Fisherman's Inn when the ponds overflowed. The creek goes on to eventually connect with the Fox.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've heard multiple rumors from guys claiming to have caught trout out of the Fox. I do know that at one point there were trout in Blackberry creek that escaped from Fisherman's Inn when the ponds overflowed. The creek goes on to eventually connect with the Fox.
Yeah, I mean it checks out. They can live, they're just unlikely to breed successfully. Otherwise we'd likely have a breeding population 100 years back from when they raised trout up by where 90 crosses the Fox.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You didnt find that one in illinois thats for sure..
Actually it does exist in illinois northern illinois to be exact it’s spring fed and has breeding rainbows I catch year round when I want a really special lunch problem is farm field runoff is where this location starts with a spring

21 - 29 of 29 Posts