ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Gutshot. My name is Mike, and I joined SWSC a few years back. I posted a reply to your post above, then came upon this question. Last year was a great one at the club. We are lucky to belong. There were days when I caught upwards of 30 -40 bass in a few hours. Most were 12-16 inches, but lots of action...Caught some nice perch, small northers, a few nice stripers, and catfish. I have found that 4 - 6 Lb flourocarbon line and long casts make a big difference in our clear water. By keeping a camper at the club, I have an excuse to go out at least once every two weeks, since you have to relocate campers if you don't have a permanent spot. Honey, I have to move the camper, see you in about 4 hours. HA! I have fished the South and North unit of Mazonia, and still think the water at the club is way clearer. The great thing about being a member is that you dont worry about being off the water by dark, and you can also have a few cold ones without the worry of being arrested. See you out there.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm glad there are some members out there. I'm looking forward to doing some fishin out at the club this year, I don't have to much experience on these gin clear lakes but I'm sure that a slealthy approach Is a must. I was down on the Illinois river this morning It was kinda slow with only a few whites taken. Look for me on the lake I'll be in a Smoker Craft Stinger, maybe I can lighten your cooler a little bit for ya. I plan on getting a little camper soon so I can stay overnight, my brother fishes at night out there and he does very well. See ya at the club, brother. GS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.