ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out at the airport pond recently. I've been going for bass but only get at most 2 a night. It's extremely shallow the first 20 feet out from the shore so I've been throwing a 1/2 oz white spinner to get enough distance on my cast to get into the deep water(deep water meaning only about 10ft max. It's extremely shallow). The deep water is the only place I've got any. When it's almost completely dark and the water is like glass I've caught a few off a popper on the top, but I'm curious where everyone else is catching them. I've talked to some guys that have caught some nice size crappie, haven't heard of anyone catchin any cats lately though. I just moved here this year for school so I'm not really used to any waters around here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I dont know man! I live like 5 miles from that pond and ive only fished it once! lol Ill do some asking around and see what i can find out! Ive always heard people rave that its an amazing pond for bass but never tried it. But you said that there are people pulling crappies out of the airport pond? I hope so! Ive never heard of crappie in there but it would be another place to try!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.