ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a point to get out last night before the cold front coming in. Since it cleared up in the afternoon I thought the bite would be on. I hit Geneva for about hour and half between from 38 to the train bridge. I get bite immediately by a few of these guys.

and a 12+" my biggest out of the river

While I was plenty happy catching them I moved to see what else was around and picked up this chunky 17. I almost fell in trying to land her up that 4' wall.

Then I lost my hook to a poorly tied knot and came to find out I left the package of hooks in the truck. So I switched to a 1/32 oz jig and the bite was never the same. Really it went from a fish every 2-3 minutes to every 10-15 min. I did managed a couple small whites and this little chunk before I left.

Even with my stupidity leaving the hooks it was great to get out. My first 17 of the year and my PB fox river crappie.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
We get a little stable warmer weather and the river is going to just come alive.
I'm trying to get things taken care of so when it does I can just go :p
I headed up to Adam H's old haunts the other day and things that would normaly hold smallies were underwater and I mean a foot underwater.

Here's what I found on the snowboard area :eek:

·
Registered
540 Posts
How bout a smile? :-D
Thanks for the post. Great to get out even for only a hour or so.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Badasses don't smile in pictures, and that right there is definately badass.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Great fish Nathan. I was got off work early yesterday and was going to call you, but the wife kept me busy hanging junk in the house for most of the evening. Looks like I missed out big time.

Just for the record, he does occasionally smile ;)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Nice fish man. I know you had fun. :)2 On the PB speck.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try and remember to smile the next time. I really need to start using my timer, than you might get more smiles out of me. Really I'm just trying to snap a photo with the whole fish in it and get my bait back in the water ASAP.

Matt, too bad you got tied up, best bite I've had this year but then again I've only been out 3 times. Maybe, next week once it warms up. I had to leave early anyway and go teach a friend how to do brakes.

If I didn't leave the hooks in the truck and didn't have to leave early, I'm sure I would have picked up some eyes. I was just starting to work the seams when I had to take off.

Bassi, I did, I thought it was a big white at first and was very happy to see a crappie.

·
Registered
540 Posts
PB= Picture Book, Put Back, Power Bait, Poor Boy ..........Pabst Blue? /beer
I give up. :)30

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Personal Best :)2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts